Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sleeping Dog


Dan and I made a little trip out to Sleeping Dog this weekend "Spring Barrel Tasting". Check out the side bar for a new blog I found via Larry, I Drink Your Wine. Scroll down to April 20th, where his winery is featured. We had a good time and a great visit with Larry. I ended up liking his Syrahs. Which as you all know are not mine and Merlot Jo's favorites :) So I am wondering if Jo liked his 2002? Not the tang on the front of the tongue thing and fruit forward. So funny he knew exactly what I was talking about. There must be a real wine term for that??? Dan and I both liked the 2005 it is hard sometimes to find a wine that suits us both :) Dan and I both agreed with Gayle, Tail Wagger was a yummy red blend.


I would love to hear about anybody else Spring Barrel tasting jaunts??? We finally did get into Maison Blue, and had a great tasting at Wine'O clock and some great tapas. Might be a thought for May's luncheon spot?


No comments: